Parent-Child Clinical Services
Turn to the Parent-Child Clinical Services Program at The Lourie Center for Children’s Social & Emotional Wellness. We offer compassionate mental health care for children from birth to age 12.
Accredited By The Joint Commission
Rely on our expert staff to prevent, diagnose and treat behavioral, developmental, emotional and social problems in children. Expect high-quality, professional services because we meet strict standards set by The Joint Commission.
Conditions We Treat
Your child may benefit from the clinical services program if they experience:
- Aggressive or disruptive behavior
- Attachment problems or separation anxiety
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Depression, anxiety or other mood problems
- Difficulty with transitions from one activity to another
- Early childhood trauma, including abuse or neglect
- Emotional regression or other reactions to life stresses
- Inability to accept limits and structure from parents or other adults
- Learning difficulties
- Perception and sensory integration problems
- Severe shyness or fearfulness
- Trouble eating or sleeping
- Trouble making friendships with other children or forming bonds with adults
During the program, your child’s team of professionals will:
- Assess your child’s unique needs during face-to-face evaluations, which may include newborn and infant assessments, psycho-social evaluations, psychological tests or child psychiatric evaluations
- Create a personalized treatment plan that uses a family-centered approach and wide range of techniques to address issues • Help you build parenting skills and improve your parent-child relationship
- Support your child’s healthy development and growth
Treatment & Support
Count on our friendly and knowledgeable team to help you and your child reach your goals with a treatment plan tailored to the specific needs of your family. The plan may include:
- Individual therapy sessions
- Family and parent-child therapy
- Group therapy with other families or social skills groups
- Parent guidance and family counseling
- Coordination with schools, day care centers and other providers as needed
See the difference in your child’s well being when they take part in play therapy. This form of therapy helps children communicate their feelings by using toys and doing creative art projects or other fun activities in a safe, supportive environment.
The program offers outpatient care, which means you visit the facility for services and go home afterward. Services are available:
- Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Talk to our staff about your family’s scheduling needs, and count on us to be flexible.
Partner with dedicated specialists who work together to address your child’s developmental needs. Your child’s team may include certified and licensed:
- Child psychiatrists
- Clinical psychologists
- Clinical social workers
Tell our staff if you or your child speak Spanish and prefer to have assessments and treatments in Spanish, English or both.
Program Fees & Insurance Coverage
If you have private insurance or your child is covered by Maryland Children’s Health Insurance Program, the cost of the Parent-Child Clinical Services Program may be fully or partially covered. Ask your insurance provider if you have a co-payment.